81% Equal
       
     
81% Equal
       
     
81% Equal

The Equal Pay Act was introduced in 1970, but in 2017, equal pay is still not a reality and the average pay gap stands at 19%.

We wanted to use the coffee cup as a vehicle to demonstrate this disparity in wages by filling men’s coffee to 81% of the coffee cup – leaving 19% of the cup empty – and marking this using a coffee sleeve.